Monday, October 12, 2015

The telephone conversation {by Revathi Raj Iyer}

I am nervous about a job interview. Please help!

Is this your first job interview?      
Yes.

Are you desperate for this job?
Yes.

What are you nervous about?
Whether I will get the job or not.

Okay. Say for instance you don't get this job?
Oh no! I cannot think of that.

Are you afraid of rejection?
Yes.

Have you ever failed in any exam or tests or anything?
No.

Then why do you think you will fail this interview?
Because it is an oral interview.

Oh! Are you afraid of facing the interviewer?
Yes.

Why?
Because I will be judged.

So?
Well, what if I do not live up to expectations?

By being nervous, you think you will?
No.

Then why be nervous and fail to live up to their expectations?
True.

Why not be 'not nervous' and rise up to their expectations?
Yes.

Makes sense?
Absolutely.

Are you still nervous about the job interview?
Not sure.

Yes or No?
I guess not.

When is the interview?
On the 26th August.

Today is 26th August.
Yes.

Is the interview over?
No. It starts at 3 p.m.

Another hour to go?
Yes.

Where are you?
At the studio.

Strange, I have an appointment at 3 p.m.
I know.

How do you know?
I am meeting you.

Me?
Yes.

Why?
You are going to interview me.

What?
I now feel much better talking to you.
Thank You:-)







 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I was startled to see two strange men seated on the tattered sofa of my tiny home. I quickly hid behind the curtain but it was too late....